We are delighted to receive your generous donations, without them there would be no bookstore!However, we do need to set some general guidelines. Please take a moment and review the following before bringing materials to the store. We can accept donations between 10 am and 3 pm, Monday through Friday.
ALL materials should be clean and in good condition.
- Magazines should be less than 6 months old
- NO: torn covers/pages, mold/mildew, insect damage, “chewed” edges, stains, excessive highlighting/underlining or other damage
Medical/health, textbooks (other than math or science), computer related materials, law/real estate/finance
- 5 years old or less
- Workbooks should not be completed
- DVD & DVR – movies, music, instructional (items should be in original cover/packaging)
- CDs – will accept some music but no instructional or informational tapes (school courses)
We CANNOT accept:
- ENCYCLOPEDIAS – Most of the information is out of date and correct information can be readily accessed online
- COLLECTIONS of National Geographic, Smithsonian, ZooNews etc
- Phonograph records (we can provide the name of a collector)
- Readers Digest condensed books
- Time-Life or other “sets” (usually 10-15 volumes)
Please DO NOT leave materials when store is closed. We cannot guard against theft, weather or vandalism