Expanded Library Services
San Diego County Library (SDCL) is excited to provide Expanded Library Services at the Fallbrook Library! The library is committed to serving the needs of the public while ensuring the safety of customers and staff and will be providing service in one of two ways: In-Branch Services or Door-Side Services.
In-Person Modified Services
In-Person Modified Services will offer a wide range of services in the library building, but with certain limitations. Customer access will be metered at the door to ensure we do not exceed 25% safe occupancy levels for the building. Furniture and equipment will be spread out and sometimes removed to ensure physical distancing.
How In-Person works:
- The library will be open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. and will be closed from 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m. every day for cleaning.
- Customers will wait in line outside the building in the designated spots. When there is space in the building, library staff will let customers in.
- Services at these locations include:
- Computer use
- Printing and copying
- Holds pickup
- Access to books, movies, and CDs for checkout
- WiFi access
- Materials returns
- To pick up requested materials, customers may check their account at sdcl.org or call the branch to find out if their holds are ready for pickup. Notices will not be sent at this time.
- All customers will be asked to leave the building 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m. during the cleaning time.
Door-Side Pickup is an appointment-based service where customers can set up a time to check out books, movies, and CDs that they had requested prior to our closure. This is only for requested materials that we currently have ready for customers to pick up.
How Door-Side Works
- Step 1: If you have items on the request shelf at one of the Door-Side locations, you will be contacted by library staff to set an appointment to pick up these items. You do not need to call the library – our staff will call you if you have items to pick up.
- Step 2: Staff will provide pickup instructions when they make your appointment. Please note that facial coverings and physical distancing will be required for all staff and customers.
- Step 3: Arrive at your appointed time and proceed to the Door-Side Pickup area. There will be signs directing you. Library staff will provide you with your materials, which will already be checked out to you.
- Step 4: Enjoy your materials! All due dates have been extended to December 31, 2020 and we are not accepting returns at this time.